1. Only Athletic Dept. softballs are allowed. (Worth Gray Dot)
2. Bats will be provided. Players may use their own bats, but they must be official softball bats. Baseball bats are NOT allowed.
Teams using their own bats must also let their opponent use their bats if their opponent would like. Otherwise, only Athletic Dept. bats may be used.
3. Players must supply their own gloves. Teams may share gloves if the other team is willing.
4. Metal spikes are not allowed. Plastic/rubber cleats are legal (not exceeding 1/2” in length).
1. The home team will be determined by a coin toss.
2. A regulation game will be 7 innings OR the completion of the current inning when the game time reaches 50 minutes.
3. Extra innings will be played to break ties. Extra inning procedure: For each team, the player who made last out the previous inning
will start the extra inning on second base. This continues for each inning until the tie is broken.
4. The team captain must fill-out a batting order at the start of each game. Teams may list up to 13 players on the batting order.
The batting order must remain constant throughout the game. Any batting out-of-order will result in an out.
5. Each team fields 10 players. Unlimited substitution of field players is allowed.
There is no limit to re-entry, but the batting order must remain constant.
6. Teams may position their fielders any way they choose.
7. Each team receives 3 outs per inning.
1. All pitches must be thrown with an underhand delivery.
2. This is a slow-pitch league. The ball must be delivered with a visible arc of between 6ft. and 12ft. (umpire’s discretion).
Any pitch thrown too fast, or not within the required arc, will automatically be called a “ball”.
The umpire will rule on illegal pitches while they are in the air by making some statement aloud to alert the batter (“illegal”, “no good”, “no pitch”, etc.)
However, batters may swing at these pitches if they choose. If the batter swings, the pitch will be considered legal.
3. Balls and strikes will be called by the home plate umpire. A pitch is considered a strike if any part of the ball crosses any part of the plate between the batter’s knees and shoulders.
4. Pitchers must pitch from the pitching line. One foot must remain in contact with the line until the ball is released from the hand.
Pitchers may step forward, backward, or to the side, provided the pivot foot remains in contact with the line and the step is simultaneous with the release of the ball.
5. The pitcher must be sure the batter is ready before the pitch is thrown. No quick pitches.
1. Each batter starts with a 1-1 count. (1 ball, 1 strike)
2. All foul balls count as strikes, including the 3rd strike.
3. No bunting. (will count as a strike)
4. No throwing the bat. (will result in an out)
1. No leading or stealing. Baserunners may not leave the base until the ball is hit.
2. Sliding is legal. However, baserunners may not “crash” or slide into fielders in an attempt to dislodge the ball or break up a double play.
3. Any violation of either of the previous rules will result in an out.
4. Baserunners may advance one base on throwing errors (balls thrown out of play).
1. The red track surface in foul ground is considered "dead ball" territory (out of play).
1. No smoking or chewing tobacco anywhere within the track complex.
2. No alcohol.
3. No chewing gum or sunflower seeds.
4. No glass containers.
5. No dogs or pets.
6. No bicycles.
7. Clean up your trash!!!